Lynette is an Associate with the Firm. Lynette represents clients in all of the Firm's practice areas with her focus in litigation. Lynette represents clients in all aspects of domestic relations law including complex equitable distribution, custody, relocation, child support, and spousal support. Lynette is an experienced litigator and is trained in collaborative law. She has been selected as a Rising Star by Super Lawyers since 2015 in both Virginia and Washington, D.C. Lynette earned her Bachelor of Science degree from James Madison University before earning her Juris Doctor degree from the University of Richmond, T.C. Williams School of Law.
During law school, Lynette interned in the Juvenile Division of the Richmond Public Defender's Office in Richmond, Virginia where she assisted defense counsel in defending clients in criminal matters. Lynette also interned in the Henrico County Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court in Henrico, Virginia where she worked with the Chief Judge in all matters before the Juvenile Court. Also as a law student, Lynette was a Dean's Fellow, volunteered in a local elementary school classroom for children with learning disabilities and/or emotional disabilities, and initiated, organized, and conducted a "canned immunity" food drive raising over 100 pounds of food for the Central Virginia Food Bank in Richmond, Virginia.
Prior to joining Zavos Juncker Law Group PLLC, Lynette worked as an attorney in a boutique family law litigation firm in Fairfax, Virginia. Lynette is licensed to practice law in Virginia, Washington, D.C., Maryland, and New Jersey.
She is a member of the Family Law Section of the Virginia Bar Association, the Virginia Trial Lawyers Association, the District of Columbia Bar Association, the Montgomery County Bar Association, and the Fairfax Bar Association. Lynette is the Co-Chair of the Events Committee for the Asian Pacific American Bar Association of Virginia and was the Secretary from 2009-2016.
Lynette also volunteers as the Co-Coordinator of Family Fun Night for CAUSE (Comfort for Americas Uniformed Services) at the USO on The Walter Reed National Military Medical Center.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law / Domestic Relations
- Custody, Visitation & Child Support
- Spousal Support
- 75% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Virginia, 2008
- New Jersey, 2008
- District of Columbia, 2011
- Maryland, 2012
- University of Richmond, The T.C. Williams School of Law, Richmond, Virginia
- J.D. - 2008
- James Madison University, Harrisonburg, Virginia
- B.S. - 2004
- THE AUTHORITY TO TAKE SENTENCING UNDER ADVISEMENT PROVIDES CIRCUIT JUDGES WITH AN IMPORTANT TOOL FOR DOING JUSTICE IN CRIMINAL CASES, Presented at the Virginia Trial Lawyers Association 50th Annual Convention by Michael HuYoung, Esquire, Barnes & Diehl, PC, Richmond, Virginia
Honors and Awards
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, D.C., 2015 - 2017
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, Virginia, 2015 - 2017
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Asian Pacific American Bar Association of Virginia, Secretary , 2009 - 2016
- Asian Pacific American Bar Association of Virginia, Co-Chair Events Committee, 2016 - Present
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association, Family Law Section, Member
- Fairfax Bar Association, Family Law Section, Member
- Family Law Section, Young Lawyers Section, Member
- Montgomery County Bar Association, Family Law Section, Member
- District of Columbia Bar Association, Family Law Section, Member
- Virginia Bar Association, Family Law Section, Member